Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, May 5, 2014

a little sick

The fatigue I wrote of in my last post began to make sense when I awoke with the inkling of a sore throat yesterday. I was scheduled to run 20 miles with my friend, Therese, and I felt well enough so we did go. In fact, after running 20 miles, I actually felt better. My throat was no longer sore. I was hopeful it was all going to blow over.

Unfortunately, today I awoke in a heap of hurt. My throat was sore again. My body was tired, and I could hardly keep my eyes open. I ended up cancelling an appointment and going back to bed. I slept, and slept, and slept. I finally got up around noon, and now I feel better again. I think I may have just a bit of a virus trying to take hold, but so far I seem to be fighting it.

I went to an interview this afternoon. It looks like I'm going to be picking up some regular, on-call hours with another company soon. I may begin as early as this week. I'm not thrilled about having to drive 30-45 minutes to get to the facility, but I am excited to get back to something resembling a regular schedule. At least that's what they're promising. We'll see how it goes.

My mood continues to be good. I'm feeling well. I don't want to get sick, because that sometimes causes my mood to drop. I'll keep piling on the vitamin C, resting, and doing what I can to fight this potential virus off. But for now, I'm feeling good, and I'm stable, and my running is going well, and I'm getting back to work, and I have a lot for which to be grateful. Things are going well. I'm happy about that.

No comments:



.