Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The next one

I've decided I'm going to go ahead and run my local marathon this Sunday. My running has been going fairly well. I think I'm fully recovered from Boston. And I'm feeling good. Why not run it? I'm hoping to run better, and feel better, than I ran and felt in Boston, but I also don't want to over do it. I'm focusing on having a good effort at Grandmas Marathon in June, so I don't want to run so hard I jeopardize that. I'd like to use this as another long training run. At the same time, I know myself, and if I'm feeling good on Sunday, I'll likely go for it despite my best laid plans. It will be an adventure either way. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:



.