Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Not feeling it

I know. I've been out of touch. I just haven't felt like writing lately. I've felt like working. I've felt like running. I've felt like going to meetings. I've even felt like seeing friends. But I haven't felt like writing. Sorry about that. It's a pretty rare occasion when I don't feel like writing. I'm not sure what's going on. I don't have a lot to say, I guess.

I'm doing better than I was a few days ago. My slumping mood lasted a couple of days. Thursday was long and tough. I got pretty low and pretty lazy. Friday and Saturday were better, but work both days wasn't great. I did the best I could with my distracted brain. I got through. As was my hope, the slump passed. Today I'm okay.

I'm back in training mode now. I have a weight training class every Tuesday and Thursday morning, and I'm already doing some lengthy runs, like 16 miles, which I ran on Sunday. The Chicago Marathon will be here before I know it.

This weekend D will be here, and we're running an 11 mile race together on Saturday. We haven't been together since early July, so I'm anxious to see him. I'm sure the weekend will come and go way too quickly. It usually does.

That pretty much covers things. As I noted earlier, I just don't have much to say right now. I apologize to those of you looking for more. This too shall pass. Carry on, Friends.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Just glad you're doing things,

Frank B. said...

Keep up the great work! There will always be ups and downs but its just about taking it one day at a time.



.