Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Packing up

I don't have much to report tonight. My mood has improved over the past few days. My thinking didn't keep me awake last night, either. That was quite a relief. I've been really busy lately. Work, Jet, running, keeping up with my house, and packing for the weekend have kept me occupied.

I'm getting ready to go see D for the holiday. We're spending time together at his lake home in northern Wisconsin. In fact, we'll be together for several days, as I'm not returning until next week. I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time together. I'm also really looking forward to just getting away. I need some relaxation time. I feel like I've been running steady since getting back from Grandma's Marathon 10 days ago. I'm ready to stop and sit awhile. I can't wait.

To my American readers, have a safe and happy 4th of July holiday. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I found your blog I the midst of long sleepless night depression-driven slog of despair. I'm supposed to run my first marathon in November. I know, pleabty of time for an active 32-year old female. But I'm also in the middle of my first full blown depression, with a mariage falling appart and husband who says he loves me but just doesn't get me (and yet, has just cheated on me...). So feeling a bit desperate. Any advice ?



.