Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

alone

This is a very lonely illness. Just one more thing to hate about depression.

9 comments:

Irene said...

Being sick brings that feeling of loneliness. You're still young and you'll feel better. It goes like this sometimes. I'm waiting patiently with you while this moves on.

Bengal said...

I know how you feel and you're not alone. Depression does bring on feelings of loneliness even when you have friends and loved ones surrounding you with love. For me when I am in that dark tunnel, it's like an empty, aching, without hope feeling. Also, this feeling of impending doom. That something bad is going to happen to me or a loved one. Not sure why.
Just know you're not alone in how you feel. The readers of your blog is proof of that. Hope you're feeling better soon and wishing you Happiness.

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. I'm thinking of you and I'm praying that you'll turn the corner very soon. All the best. ~ivy

Anonymous said...

Have you considered vagus nerve stimulation (vns) as a treatment option?
Much sympathy to you...
~Susan

Irene said...

Bengal is so right to mention that awful impending sense of doom. Wish I had thought to mention it. You're not alone Etta . Wish I could lift your mood, but rest and feel the acceptance of your friends here whose indescribable pain you manage to describe so well. I thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. You are not alone.

- Virginia

Maui Girl said...

It's the loneliness that overwhelms at times

nathan said...

Loneliness, aloneness, darkness, inner feelings of aching and guilt and hatred of your self. It's such a shit illness, I do t think thgere will ever be good enough treatments and answers. Try stay strong. I know it's hard

Robin Connors said...

Living alone is just like living in a separate prison. With time, loneliness takes us to a path where we are out of social life. I suggest avoiding it and always try to be with friends or family.



.