Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, July 17, 2015

few words

Dark clouds descend
I am
Cloaked in gray
Feeling unreal

Colors muted
Sounds muffled
Lines blurred
Nothing is clear

Flailing for air
I cannot breathe

Unreal
Unclear
Suffocating
Sad

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you feel like this today. Cloaked in gray is a perfect image to capture the numb sadness and depleted sense of hope. Keep believing that this will indeed lift, probably slowly but surely.
I've been feeling a 4 out of 10 all day today and now just managing a 5. Walking my dog helped a little. Remember this is not you, this is depression disabling you at the moment. Sending you good vibes, I know the place you describe only too well...tomorrow may be brighter x

Kristina Tonkovic said...

Just be sure this feeling will pass and you will feel good soon x

Anonymous said...

This is so rubbish for you. Hope you are going to your professionals for help?
A well wishing lurker with depression.

NotSoCold said...

I am saddened to read about how you are feeling. I hope that you feel better soon.

cehope said...

Just know in your heart. This will pass. You will feel better again. Don't believe the lies that depression tells us to be true. You CAN and WILL get thru this. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I have been to the dark place many times in my life. I will think only good thoughts for you. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Such an eloquent little poem
Thinking of you Etta
Wishing you well






Bu zhong Yi qi wan said...

Tell anybody that you are a runner, and they'll ask if you ever ran a marathon. Does not wanting to run a marathon mean that you are any less of a runner?

Major Depression said...

You're so talented to describe feeling to another
I hope you'll find a purpose at every moment in your life :)
Keep running and do your best!

Gill said...

I'm with you Etta. Feeling exactly the same. Totally pissed off with it.... hugs Gill xxx



.