Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Home Sweet Home

Delta Airlines got me home from vacation today. We were only 1.5 hours late today. Sitting in Atlanta, after the second delay was announced, I began having horrible visions of another nightmare trip. Thankfully, those visions didn't materialize. It would have been nice to have arrived home on schedule, but I'll take an hour and a half over an 8 hour, overnight spent on a bench in the airport, delay anytime!

After recovering from my nightmarish trip to Florida last week, I did call Delta Customer Care about my mis-adventures. The Delta customer care representative was quite appropriately apologetic, even admitting that Delta "failed in this instance," and she issued me another $100 travel gift card. So I received a total of $150 for my troubles. That will come in handy when I travel this fall.

Thankfully, I am now back in my humble, albeit cold, home. It's nice to be back in my space. I had a great time in Florida with my parents. It wasn't super warm, but the sunshine sure felt nice. My parents, at my encouraging (I'm trying desperately to get them to move more) walked with me almost every day, on the beach and through the woods. I also met some of their friends, and we daily sampled the local cuisine. I enjoyed myself, but I'm glad to be home, nonetheless.

I took a few pictures. If I have the gumption, I'll post them soon. But right now I've got to get ready for my return to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to resuming my regular routine. Work, Jet, meetings and exercise. Pleasantly boring, I hope, just the way I like it.

1 comment:

Nathalie Webb said...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Etta. Hope you get back in your routine OK and stay well.



.