Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Surgery complete


I had my right Achilles tendon surgery yesterday. I'm back in my boot, non-weight bearing for the next few days, and then partial weight bearing with my crutches for rest of the week. I'm hoping to return to work next week, still in my boot, but without the crutches. I'll be in the boot for 2-4 weeks. Of course, I'm hoping for two rather than four.

The surgery itself was quite simple. I was a little anxious, but after they numbed up my ankle I didn't feel a thing. I'm feeling very fortunate, as I've had no pain since the procedure. I have nothing to complain about.

Today, if I can get through the pending blizzard descending upon us, I have my orthodontist appointment to get my bottom braces. And Thursday the real pain will begin, as I will have oral surgery to remove my ankylosed right canine tooth. It's a jam-packed week, but I'm hopeful it is the start of better health times to come.

3 comments:

Betty K. said...

I hope you feel better and recover smoothly. That is some boot! Unbelievable. Be careful trying to naviagate through the snow.
Thank you for your honesty about sharing your condition and writing your blog. It can definitely touch others.

HBF said...

Hope your ankle recovers quickly and your tooth goes without a fuss! Better health times for all of us I say!

Nyawela Gianna said...

Oh man. You've got your plate full. I wish you a speedy recovery. And I hope you get some downtime to refresh and recharge before heading back to work.



.