Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Lifting a bit

Just a short post to say thank you to all who commented on my previous post. Your feedback helped. After reading what you had to say, I no longer felt so alone. I realized my experience was not unique. That helped. It really helped. My psychiatrist and I also made some changes to my medications last week, and I think those changes have been helpful, too. I am feeling better. My mood has lifted a bit. It's not stellar. It's not anywhere I'd like it to be yet, but I have some hope I'm on the mend. I'm still isolating. I'm still having some trouble sleeping. But my energy, thinking and mood are all improved. I'm so grateful for that. I hope that last post gave some of you the same comfort your comments ended up giving me. Carry on, my friends. We are not alone.

4 comments:

paullamb said...

I'm glad your mood is lifting, even if only for a bit. Small gains are sometimes the most important in this fight. Last night I spent an hour on the treadmill, a half hour with the weight machine, and considerably less time with a foam roller. I felt virtuous about myself, which lifted my mood. Don't think the buoyancy will last long, but it's a small gain.

etta said...

@ paullamb: Awesome work! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Energy, thinking and mood Improved, great! Sometimes any action at all is a plus.

Julie Gathman said...

Happy for you and Paul. Small shifts can make all the difference.



.