Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, February 29, 2008

normal

working wipes me out! wait, let me start again.

I am really enjoying, and grateful for the renewed (i.e. normal) energy I've had lately. however, working wipes me out! just 4 hours yesterday required an immediate 90 minute nap. today, my 60 minute nap didn't even dent the exhaustion following a 6 hour work-day. it's hard to imagine that I used to work 40+ hours per week and run 30-40+ miles! now, exercise is totally out of the question on work days, and 6 hours slams against my upper limits of functionality. I wouldn't be surprised if I turned into a pumpkin, or something equally useless, at hour 6:01. it's weird. it's frustrating. another reminder that I am not "normal" anymore. another cue to redefine "normal" so it more accurately reflects my life today. how convenient... unfortunately, redefining the word does not erase the memories of my previously "normal" life.

did I mention how grateful I am for the renewed energy I've experienced lately?

No comments:



.