Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

7 in a row

Seven days in a row now... Since I began keeping track with my piggy bank find just over a week ago, I have not gone for one run without at least 2 pennies magically appearing at my feet. I was getting a little concerned tonight, as I was penniless with only a few blocks to go, and darkness was closing in fast. But just as I began thinking tonight may end the streak, a dirty silver nickel winked from the gravel beneath my feet. I giggled as I stooped to scoop it up. Thanks, God. Still not sure what the message is, but I am sure having fun with this added dimension to my runs.

No comments:



.