Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Week Three Round-Up

Here's what week three of the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Program looked like:

Week Three: March 24 - March 30, 2008
Ran: 5 days
Miles: 28.5
Long run: 7.8 miles
Speedwork: 2 pace runs, total of 6.5 miles at tempo pace
Found Money: only skunked on one day, but found only $0.05 this week--the street-sweepers have arrived!

Good week. Legs a bit tired, but pace improving while heart-rate maintaining.
Have a swell week everyone!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow. 7.8 mi. I can barely get around 1.3 and I'm training for a 5K in May!

etta said...

Way to go, Marissa! Remember, we all start at zero! No, actually, only those of us willing to TRY start at zero. Many more are never willing to start. By setting the goal and being willing to go for it, you have already accomplished more than most!
Keep up the good work, and let us know how it is going! I LOVE IT when people discover running!
etta



.