Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Inspire and Amaze

Perhaps you've seen this already. I hadn't. Prepare yourself for a jaw-dropping few minutes. That's all I've got...

4 comments:

BPD in OKC said...

I think it's awesome that elephants can paint. I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars to buy their paintings like some people do though. I've heard that the elephant trainers are really abusive toward the elephants when they don't want to paint. The trainers get so greedy for money, they beat the elephants until they paint more paintings.

etta said...

Oh, I wish you hadn't told me that! I'm going to focus on the amazing fact that THEY CAN PAINT! Wow!

crackedheadblog said...

This is sort of off topic but what the heck. I've always loved elephants. Several years ago when I was channel surfing I stopped for just a second to watch a massive bull doing whatever it is elephants do when they stroll along. Before I even had a chance to process what was happening a shot rang out, the elephant went down, and two hunters charged the great beast and finished him off with a head shot.

I was literally sick to my stomach and in the process of going from sad to enraged when something similar to the following popped on the screen ...

In Remembrance of one of the guys you just saw murder the elephant. He was killed by another elephant shortly after this documentary was made.

I don't think I've gone from sick to gleeful quite that fast in my life.

etta said...

GREAT story! Thanks for that!



.