Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tag--you're it!

So I got tagged by crackedheadblog today. I actually got this awhile back with specific questions, and since questions are easier on my brain, I am going to go with them--instead of the random thoughts crackedheadblog so nicely used.

The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?
I was in the first full year of my new career as a physical therapist, and my spouse and I were just beginning the bid process on what became our first home.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Laundry
2. Run 5 miles at tempo pace
3. Wash the dishes
4. Get a haircut
5. Go to an AA meeting

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Popcorn--the old-fashioned way, popped on the stove in a pot. Cold cereal. Chocolate pudding.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Purchase a home on the north shore of Lake Superior and on the ocean. Travel the world. Volunteer in Africa. Build a public running track in my town. Develop a foundation to financially assist the mentally ill and the working poor. Practice random acts of kindness with people down on their luck.

5) Three of my bad habits:
1. Chew my fingernails--occasionally! It's getting better!
2. Eating too much chocolate.

3. Procrastinating--especially if fearful.

6) 5 places I have lived:
1. Cambridge, MA
2. Duluth, MN
3. Winter, WI
4. Meadowlands, MN
5. Belmont, MA

7) 5 jobs I have had:
1. Dishwasher in local restaurant
2. Housekeeper at ski resort
3. Video store clerk
4. Mental health program coordinator
5. Orthopedic physical therapist


8) 5 peeps I wanna know more about:
1. depression introspection
2. letting go
3. untreatable
4. bpd in okc
5. beartwinsmom

6 comments:

BPD in OKC said...

Thanks for tagging me! I've always wanted to be tagged, but no one's ever done it.

I posted mine just now. http://bpdokc.blogspot.com/2008/04/im-it.html

Michelle (the beartwinsmom) said...

Thanks! I got it done. You can check it out here.

http://beartwinsmom.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/caught-again-in-a-tag/

crackedheadblog said...

I've been afraid someone would tag me. I didn't suspect misterbooks would be culprit. The fiend!

Thanks for being a good sport.

Marissa Miller said...

I did it! Thanks!

Nancie said...

Hi Etta,

I came over from Depression Introspection. Just want to say hello. I am glad to read in your profile that you have lost and recreated your life over the past seven years as a result of severe depression.

I am picking up my pieces after many severe depression episodes and a diagnosis of proneness to bipolar disorder in March 2007. I have just embarked on a new journey of self-discovery, or knowing God, myself and others better.

Wish you all the best in your endeavour to educate others to reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. I am hoping to do that through my blog too.

Take care.

Best Regards,
Nancie

etta said...

Hi Nancie-
Thanks for stopping by! Glad to have you. Breaking the isolation and connecting with others who "get it" has been one of the greatest rewards of this blog. Please stop in again and leave comments as you see fit. I appreciate new thoughts, ideas, inspiration and feedback!
Have a great day-
etta



.