Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Uh-oh...going down?

I love rollercoasters. Love them...but not when they snatch me up so quickly, before I know it I am hurling down a spiral track into a heavy, swirling morass. Here I am trying to scream. Snatched up. Twisting down. Lightning quick. No warning. No inkling of what lies ahead. Will I keep spiraling down? Will there be a bottom? Or will this be a mere divot, as I am swiftly turned, again, and head back up?

2 comments:

crackedheadblog said...

Maybe you're just going down as in crashing for the night, you night owl you. I hope so.

After almost four hours I still hadn't made it past WDS (weird dream sleep) so I decided to reset for a few minutes.

May we both feel new tomorrow.

crackedheadblog said...

Wanna play? I didn't. Nevertheless, you've been tagged.



.