Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Week Five Round-Up

A very exhilarating, frustrating, and exhilarating week. Here is the recap of my 5th week of preparation for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.

Week Five: April 7 - 13, 2008
Ran: 5 days
Miles: 27.2
Long Run: 7.4 miles
Speedwork: 5 miles between tempo pace and 5K race pace! Awesome!
Hills: 6 x 80 seconds (approximately 0.20 miles each). That was a tough day!
Found Money: $0.69

A pretty good week considering I was battling a decline in my mood, my energy level, and the elements! In fact, two of my runs were done on the treadmill, and I typically run in just about any kind of weather! I hate the treadmill, but it was just tooooo nasty outside most of the week. I really have to start increasing my mileage from here on out. That will be this week's goal.
Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:



.