Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kudos to US Bank

Related Post: The Bank stole my money.
--------

Update: Kudos to US Bank! After a few more e-mails and a couple more phone calls, I spoke with Kathleen at the Stillwater US Bank location where my $50.00 went "missing." She confirmed a few pieces of information so she could "review the tapes," but then immediately asked for my address so she could send me a $50.00 check. They are going to refund my money. She obviously hadn't yet "reviewed the tapes," but she was going to refund my $50.00 anyway. Cool. It almost seemed too easy after all the previous hoop jumping. Perhaps she had already reviewed the receipts and found the teller was at least $50.00 over. I don't know. She didn't say if she found an error or not. I don't really care. She did the right thing. I am a happy customer who will continue to bank with them. Maybe that actually did matter for something. Thanks, Kathleen.

3 comments:

Bradley said...

I'm absolutely certain it was your charming personality that did it.

etta said...

Bradley, you always make me laugh! And I am absolutely certain you are correct! Have a great night!
etta

Marissa Miller said...

I'm glad this was resolved well.



.