Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Laughing along with Car Talk

Living with depression requires an enormous amount of patience, resilience, and coping. One of the my favorite coping skills is humor. When I lose my sense of humor or my sarcasm I know I am in a very deep hole. It's not pretty. One of my favorite sources for humor, especially on weekends, is National Public Radio. Living in Minnesota, I am quite fortunate to have a thriving public radio network, and I spend most of my weekend alone time listening to my local MPR station.
Today I heard one of the funniest segments I have ever heard on one of my favorite NPR programs, Car Talk. If you are in need of a really good laugh, spend the next 10 minutes listening to this! You won't regret it for a second! Enjoy!

1 comment:

deepblue said...

I love NPR and Car Talk!! :)
And I don't even live in Minnesota (hehe).



.