Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

another ACL bites the dust...

Reality TV couldn't have hoped for more irony than this...

On the way back from the vet, moments after he and I discussed allowing Puck to play ball again despite my wariness (terror, actually), I stopped at a park to give him a few tosses. On the first gentle, short toss my beautiful, happy, energetic dog, Puck, ruptured his other anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

His second ACL surgery in the last 4.5 months is scheduled for tomorrow.


My sponsor says God wouldn't give me more than I can handle. C'mon, God, isn't this piling-it-on a bit?

3 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

I sometimes think God has a twisted sense of humour.

(((Puck))) and (((Etta)))

mfranks said...

Poor Puck. Get well soon!

Jackal said...

{{{ huggles }}} to Puck.



.