Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Puck's home--again.

I picked up Puck this morning around 10:00AM. Just like last time, when I entered the clinic I heard only his persistent bark from the back room. He cannot tolerate being in a cage. Fortunately, he seems to have less pain this time around. He's already putting some weight on the leg, whereas last time it took him several days to just touch his foot to the floor. The difference must be the fact that there was no meniscus damage in this knee. Puck seems comfortable, and he's been very quiet and sleeping most of the day. I'm so relieved. Last time he was in so much pain. I didn't want him to go through that again. Hopefully, things will continue progressing well. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

Jackal said...

Good news!

Patricia said...

Dear Etta,
So glad I arrived new to your blog on a day when your wonderful Puck has returned home! I read through about your marathon adventures. You remind me much of my son who is a marathoner with a dog Max who looks a lot like your Puck. He just finished the Chicago Marathon. I checked the dates of your posts to see if perhaps you ran in the Chicago Marathon, but noted that you didn't. If you had, I might have been one of the thousands there on the sidelines cheering you on. As it is, I am still here on the sidelines cheering you on!

etta said...

Welcome, Patricia--
No, I didn't run Chicago. Perhaps you already read that I ran 11.5 miles of Twin Cities Marathon. I hope your son had a better day in Chicago than I did at Twin Cities!

Jackal said...

How are you both holding up?



.