Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cleansed...

It was just three days of my life. Day two was definitely the most difficult. The fruit cleanse had one day remaining, and I didn't feel so hot. I had a cup of coffee on day one to stave off a headache, but day two I went without. I was a bit head-achy and lethargic most of the day. I took two naps to deal with both, but by evening I was still... Read more.

2 comments:

Fram said...

Congratulations on mastering the task at hand, etta.

As someone with absolute zero knowledge regarding yoga, it was fascinating to read this particular entry and to learn what you were experiencing as you went through the exercise routine. Some aspects seemed familiar to me from a completely separate discipline I once was involved in regarding concentration but, frankly, I doubt I would have the courage to undertake the "eyes closed" drill.

etta said...

Thanks, Fram!

If you or anyone else is interested, I've placed a link, in the right sidebar, to the book we've used as a guide for this Yoga program.



.