Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

feeling pathetic

feeling pathetic today.
or maybe it's sorry for myself.
either way, it's ugly.

did yoga.
the only highlight so far.
otherwise,
i've been pathetic.

eating too much crap,
which makes me feel like crap.

sleepy,
but not sleeping.

bored,
but unwilling to do anything different.

so i'm bored, sleepy, and feel like crap.
like i said,
pathetic.

tomorrow is a new day.
i hope.

2 comments:

Alix said...

I miss you! I've had days like this too, recently. I did yoga today, and it felt great. Just doing good things for our body is so important.
Hang in there, write me if you want to talk!

Anonymous said...

Yes, hang in there. Why so hard on yourself? You're an amazing person with a lot of talent(s).
I know those feelings too. Sometimes I know where they come from, other times I do not. But we press on.

PS--if I could go back in time and start over, I think I'd look for a person like you!! You really a beautiful person.

Creston



.