Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

writing difficulty

If you are a regular visitor here, perhaps you've noticed I've had less to say recently. I've been struggling with writing, and I feel bad about that.

I'm still soooo tired--can't seem to sleep enough. It's very frustrating, and it's negatively impacting the rest of my life. One of the areas this sleepiness seems to have most affected is writing. I either haven't wanted to write, or when I've wanted to, I haven't had anything to say. I apologize for that.

I do feel an obligation to keep up with these pages for those of you who visit. Whether it's knowledge, fun or curiosity that keeps you coming back, I want to keep up. I am still here. I'm here battling the sometimes subtle symptoms of this illness, yet my mood is still okay. I guess that's one thing for which to be grateful. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

lettersfromexile said...

*waves* I understand being tired and wordless. Good luck to you.

SK said...

I think most, if not all, of your readers will understand that some days are just harder than the others!

Hope you feel better soon and best wishes!

-SK



.