Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, May 29, 2009

feeling better

I saw my doc yesterday morning, complained about feeling bad, tired, lethargic, blah, blah, blah... She was her usual quiet, patient self with me. I knew, as my psychologist told me the night before, it would pass with time--it always does. That's so hard to remember when you're in the middle of it, isn't it? Well, long story short, despite my worry, negative thinking, fatigue and lethargy, I made it to my appointments yesterday. Then I made it out for a run. Then I began feeling better.

I made it out for a run before work this morning, too. That was amazing! Work went okay. I tried to focus on feeling better, which I was, rather than on feeling tired, which I also was. I am feeling better. Perhaps the depression reprieve is back. I'm glad it wasn't gone too long. Sixteen miles scheduled for tomorrow...good thing I'm feeling better. Here's to all of us meeting our goals this weekend!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Great news! Take care
Good wishes Emma

heartreflections said...

I'm catching up with your last few posts. And I want to thank you for putting your brave words out there. Sometimes I'm scared to tell people how I really feel lest my Mom call the police! But I find encouragement here knowing that I'm not alone. Thank you.

etta said...

Thank you, heartreflections, for your very kind words. Your words keep me going, as your comment suggests my words are making a little difference somewhere. Thank you for reminding me I am not alone.



.