Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The second race

I'm getting prepared for my second race of the season today. Actually, it begins in just over an hour. It's a 15K. I'm not sure what to expect today. Running at least as well as I ran a couple weeks ago would be nice. So I guess I am shooting for around a 1:16. Yes, 1:16 would be nice. However, the way my running has (not) been going lately, and my general blah-ness the last few days, whatever happens will be a surprise! I'll let you know what that surprise turns out to be in a few hours...

1 comment:

SK said...

Etta, how did your race go? Did you hit you goal time of 1:16?

Maybe in future post you could share your training regimen with the rest of us fledgling runners?

-SK



.