Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sleep day

I'm having a sleep day today. This happens every once in awhile, and it has been a little while since the last one. I just can't wake up. I am sleepy, tired, and heavy. Basically, the only comfortable place is in bed, asleep. And no matter how much I sleep, I can easily sleep some more. I just got up from my third nap for crying out loud!

I guess I should have known something was up when I fell asleep at 7:00 last night. After sleeping 11 hours, I figured I was in for a good day. However, after my usual morning oatmeal, coffee, and Sportscenter, I needed a nap. I thought maybe I just overdid it yesterday. I helped some friends carry bricks and build a path. But that must not have been the problem, because the sleepiness just won't stop.

Perhaps this is what I was supposed to do today. After all, there is a Law and Order marathon on USA. It's drizzly and gray outside. The one appointment I had was cancelled. Everything lined up for a tired, sleepy day...and my body won't let me do otherwise. Whew...I think I need a nap.

1 comment:

Matilda Archer said...

It's good, for me, that you too have 'sleepy' days. I get them, quite often at times, and it worries/bothers me!

Think it annoys the husband too, but he's been very supportive over the years I've suffered with depression.


I guess I just have to accept them, sleep, and get on with my life.

I'm so glad I found you're blog, it has been such a huge help to me.

Thank you
xxx



.