Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, May 22, 2009

still tired...

It's been 3 nights of C-PAP for me, and so far I can't say I feel more rested. Maybe the sleep I'm getting is of higher quality, but I think I'm actually waking up more. That's been annoying. I'm wearing a nose mask, which is comfortable if I stay on my back, but I sleep on my side. The straps which hold the mask in place are uncomfortable when I lie on them, as I do when I lie on my side, and that discomfort awakens me. I also wake up every couple of hours--or every time I change position--because the mask shifts and causes leaking air to blow on my face. That's not a pleasant way to be awakened, and it's frustrating. I'm also disappointed I don't feel miraculously better. At this moment, I'm just annoyed.

No comments:



.