Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Waiting

Up at 2:00 AM for some cereal, then at 4:00 AM for no reason, and finally at 6:00 AM for good. So much for getting a good night's sleep the night before the day before the marathon. I've now driven the 3.5 hours, picked up my number, shopped the expo, and taken my nap; and I've still got more than 14 hours to go before I step to the line. Ugh...

No comments:



.