Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

another tired day

Another tired, tough day. Except for the time spent in the doctor and dentist offices, I spent most of the day in bed. My first appointment of the day was with my psychiatrist. Guess what we discussed? Yup, fatigue. I'm so tired, I even agreed to give another anti-fatigue med a try. If you've been following along, you know that I quit taking the previous stimulating med because it elevated my pulse and made running virtually impossible. I quit that drug in December, and by spring my resting pulse rate had dropped from 90-100 bpm to around 60 bpm. It's no coincidence that my running improved significantly this year as well. My doc and I are hoping this drug, a cousin of the original, will cure the fatigue and won't have the same side effect. Please, God, let that be so!

No comments:



.