Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Back home

The mountains near Estes Park, Colorado


I'm back. Back from Colorado today. It's always hard to return from vacation. I'm tired. I'm a little sad. Not sure why I'm sad, but I am. I'm not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. But I am so happy to be reunited with Puck! Boy, I missed him.

Colorado was beautiful, quiet, and serene, yet action-packed. We went whitewater rafting, hiking, and shopping. We ate out, grilled in, built fires, talked and laughed. It was nice. It was fun. I'm enclosing photos. Enjoy the scenery.
The cabin and friend, Bill.

The view from the cabin.

No comments:



.