Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Knee pain


My knee hurts. I worked today, and I walk all day at work. Walking actually hurts worse than running, so I was pretty sore when I got home. I just looked at my training schedule for this week, and as I suspected, 20 miles is on tap this Saturday. I've decided to take an extra day of rest tomorrow, although I was able to run my 3 mile recovery run today without much difficulty. Like I said, walking causes more discomfort than running.

This sucks, and I'm really worried. It's just ITB tendinitis, but tendinitis can sometimes be a bugger to conquer! I'm icing, icing, icing, and I'll continue treating myself with ultrasound at work tomorrow (one benefit of being a PT). But I am worried.

Things were going so well. I resent this distraction! I've worked so hard already. I really don't want this to get in my way. I have a feeling I'll be repeating multiple serenity prayers over the next several days. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... Honestly, I'd rather pray for things to change!

1 comment:

theadventuresofayoungbohemian said...

I very much hope it's on the mend soon! Surely it will be, since you're giving it all the care and attention one could ask.



.