Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, October 12, 2009

a long, slow day

long day today. i left work after only a couple hours, as i was feeling head-achy and nauseous again. not sure what's going on. this is exactly how i felt last thursday, but i was fine all weekend. lots of sleep again today. i may have a low temp. don't know. the headache and nauseousness haven't changed all day, but i'm certainly not down and out sick. thank god! it's weird.

as far as my training schedule, i'm glad it's a rest day. i don't think i'd be able to run today. i just feel blah--not really sick enough to stay home, yet not well enough to do anything. you know i hate days like this. it didn't take too long for my mood to go the way of my body--blah, gray, slow, and low.

i don't like this state of being, but i'm trying to be patient. previous experience tells me it will pass. i'm trying to keep that in mind. i'm trying to be resilient. i know it will pass. it's gotta pass. hopefully, just getting my thoughts out, sharing where i am currently at, will begin that process. after all, i've got things to do!

No comments:



.