Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Look out for that cliff...


Damn, I didn't see this coming.

I've fallen off a cliff into the sea of morosity.
It is a very dark, scary place to be.
And I cannot find my life jacket.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Are you ok? Hope you get the help you need. I know how devastating it is to fall off that cliff.

Mohican said...

You've been there before and got out of it. We all have, and even though it seems like one step forward, one step back, you will make progress just by hanging in there. One day, one mile at a time.

Laura Lenz said...

I'm worried about you. Let me know if I can do something to help. It's hard to remember when you're in the middle of a bad time, that it can get better, but it can and it will. Reach out to those who can help you, even if you don't feel like it. I know there are a lot of people who care about you.

etta said...

You guys prop me up with your genuine concern and encouragement. Thank you for taking the time to comment here. I hear you, and you do make a difference.



.