Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

One marathon down...

...one to go!

Yes, I did it. I ran the whole 26.2 at The Whistlestop Marathon yesterday. It was a good run. I followed my plan and walked for one minute at every mile marker. However, I strayed from my plan when I realized how easy it was to run fast between the walk breaks, which I also did. If I had realized that fact a bit earlier, I may have come close to qualifying for Boston. As it was, I ran 14 of the 26 miles under 9 minutes per mile, and I finished right at 4 hours. Not counting the 3:22 I waited for the porta-potty at mile 10, my running time was closer to 3:57. I'm pretty happy.

No comments:



.