Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rain, rain go away!

Boy, we've been slammed with rain lately. I spent another run soaking up the sky today. Running is a lot more difficult with this weather. The cold, wet and gray is not good for my mood either. I think it's been one week of dreariness, and I've definitely noticed a corresponding dreariness in my outlook.

Despite the weather, running is going well. My training is right on track, and my knee feels better. That's a huge relief! It's hard to believe I'm coming up on one month to go before the big day. Well, actually there may be a little day this weekend before the big day one month later.

Let me explain. I may run a marathon "training run" this weekend. I know, I know, maybe it's not the smartest idea, but running another 20 miler alone is daunting. A Saturday small-town marathon, on the other hand, is quite inviting. Besides, 102 local runners will be traveling the 3.5 hours to run it, too. I have until Thursday to sign up, and right now I'm leaning toward doing it. Hopefully, it won't be raining!

No comments:



.