Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, December 11, 2009

A milestone

500


This is my 500th post on Depression Marathon. Wow. I began writing a little less than two years ago. I never envisioned this thing getting this far. I feel like I should say something really profound or symbolic, but I don't have anything like that in mind. Maybe simpler words are good enough. Wow.

I'm pleased, proud, and grateful. I started this blog to educate and support others about mental illness. Instead, I've received so much support from my readers, it's no wonder I'm feeling better than ever. Thank you. I'd like to continue as long as you'll continue to read. I will continue as long as I have something meaningful to say. Thank you for the opportunity to be a tiny part of your days.

By the way, I do have some profoundly good news. Puck's biopsy revealed a benign gingival (gums) tumor. It will likely come back, and if it does so aggressively, it will have to be more completely removed. Right now, I'm just watching the spot. If it comes back, I pray it will be a slow, non-aggressive tumor. I really don't want Puck to go through another surgery. He's been through enough. I'm very, very thankful he doesn't have cancer. Thanks for your prayerful thoughts.

1 comment:

Mohican said...

Wow is right. I started reading your blog about 2 years ago and thought you had been doing it for years. One of the things I like about it is that you are so conscientious about posting. I also find your perspective of an athlete with depression to be interesting because it is far removed from my experience (the athlete part, that is!). Too bad you're a Viking fan but I guess it's understandable.

Love Puck, glad it isn't serious.



.