Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Wiped out!

I am dragging. It took forever for me to wake up for work this morning. Then I had a long, heavy day. Now it's only 7:30 PM, and I can barely keep my eyes open, and I just woke up from a nap! I fell asleep right after I got home from work. I'm not sure why I'm so tired. It's just one of those days, I guess. I was hoping to go for a short swim tonight, but there's no way that's going to happen. Perhaps I'll just go to bed. Tomorrow, I'm planning a short RUN! Hopefully I'll wake up by then!

No word from the vet yet regarding Puck's biopsy. Keep him in your prayers!

We're supposed to have a blizzard tomorrow! But then again, are the weathermen ever correct?

I'll leave you with this. I found it in my AA book. I'm not sure where I got it from, but I like it. Hope you do to.
When we are in ourselves, thinking only about ourselves, it's like a chunk of chocolate sitting in the bottom of a glass of milk. But if we get out of ourselves and spend time giving to others, that chocolate gets stirred up, and we end up with a beautiful glass of chocolate milk.

No comments:



.