Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Better.

Things are coming back to normal. I'm feeling better. The thoughts have lessened. Maybe it's the new, temporary medication my psychiatrist prescribed. Maybe the darkness just ran its course. Whatever the reason, I'm feeling better. Thank God!

Perhaps my outing yesterday helped things, too. I crossed something off my bucket list yesterday. I finally attended a live Prairie Home Companion show. I've been a listener for years but had never seen the show before. It was everything I had hoped it would be. My face hurt from smiling so much! Afterward, my friends Bill and Cindy treated me to a very fancy dinner at a restaurant I had never visited before. It was quite a treat--very fine food and an amazing chocolate turtle cake dessert! It was one of the nicest outings I've had in quite awhile. If you've never heard Prairie Home Companion, check it out. It just may cheer you up if you're feeling down.

So I've narrowed down my bucket list. Fortunately, my friend Bill said he'd help me narrow it even further. This summer...skydiving! Anyone else care to join us?

No comments:



.