Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Long days

I worked two long days yesterday and today. Between work, my triathlon program, and taking care of Puck, I'm getting an awful lot of exercise these days, and I'm pooped! I'm afraid my blog suffers when work gets long and I get pooped. Sorry about that.

Things are moving along. I'm feeling a little low, but I'm not sure if I'm truly low or just tired. This week I was up early every day to get my workout in before the rest of my day began. That includes this morning. I was in the pool early before work, but I'm not done yet. I still have to get 60 minutes in on the bike. I figure I'll ride and watch the Olympics. That should keep my brain occupied. Of course, I may fall asleep atop the bike, too!

Tomorrow I have a relatively easy 40 minute run. Then it's back to the killer strength and swim session Monday. I'm already looking forward to my rest day on Tuesday! I'm not sure that's a good sign. I think all the work will be worth it in the end, though.

No word about the potential job yet. I didn't have time to call about it this week. It's on my to-do list. By the way, I did get elected to the track club board of directors. It's a three year term, and I've already been to my first meeting. We have a large, very active track club, so I think I will have no shortage of new things to do. I'm honored to serve on the board.

That's about all for now. I've gotta get on my bike. Have a lovely Valentine's Day, everyone.

No comments:



.