Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Out of the blue--Into my lap

Things are falling into my lap again. I got a phone call yesterday, which I followed up on today. Remember that physical therapy job I interviewed for on Christmas Eve? They decided to give it to someone with home health care experience, of which I had none. Apparently, their new hire is not working out. The woman who interviewed me called yesterday to offer "on call" hours. Today it changed to permanent, part-time hours. We're working out some of the details and plan to connect again tomorrow. It appears I may have an unexpected new job in the very near future. Wow!

As per usual, I'm excited and a little frightened by this surprising development. Working nearer to home would mean an end to the 50 mile drive to and from work. It would mean an end to working in the crowded, basement office of a nursing home with not-so-nice nursing staff. Of course, I like my co-workers and would feel a little guilty about leaving. They've counted on me. When I started just over one year ago, I filled a position that had been open for two years. Of course, I'm replaceable, and they could fill my position in a week this time. You just never know.

I know I need to do what's best for me. But does one ever know exactly what that is? There are pros and cons to everything, and the unknown always frightens me. My sponsor told me to pray about it. I have. I will. I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

How exciting!!! I think you'd be happier with a job closer to home. Keep me posted on what happens!

KAH said...

Sounds like a blessing.



.