Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I got it.

A new job. On the stress meter, it's supposedly equal to a death in the family. So far, I'm not feeling too stressed, but I don't start until April 12th. Yes, that's right. I got the job. As of mid-April, I will be a physical therapist for a local home health agency. This will eliminate my 50-60 minute drive at the beginning and end of each day. Even though I will likely be driving more miles overall (between clients), I will have more flexibility throughout my day, and hopefully I will only be away from home for 8 hours, versus 10 hours, per day. I think this is a good opportunity, and I'm hoping it will be a nice change.

It's sunny and warm outside this morning, and I'm watching Puck out in the back yard. This is the first time he's been in the back yard, on my brand new grass, in a couple of years. After the flood a few years ago, I had to dig up the concrete patio and yard, re-grade it away from the house, and then plant new grass. So Puck's been relegated to the small front yard since then. I think he's pretty happy to be out back again. He's the epitome of happiness right now. He's rolling around on his back and soaking up the sun. Pretty cute. He always makes me smile. Don't you wish your life was as simple as my dog's life? I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and good luck

Divas said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Sounds like our lives are pretty parallel since I just started working at a physical therapy office, too.
I can't wait until I have my personal trainer certification. I will be building up a client base while doing admin/promotional/clinical assistant work at the office.
So happy for you!

Mohican said...

It's a dog's life. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am F.O.R. (friend of Renee's blog) and have been following your tri training. You are really impressive. I read your blog during your 40-days of yoga. You definitely have stick-with-it-ness! Good luck with your new job. Will you still be able to be a member of the gym?



.