Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, March 8, 2010

I promised

I promised I'd write something worth reading tonight, but I'm afraid I might still be too pooped to think straight. In fact, I'm supposed to be swimming a lengthy swim workout right now, but I think I'm going to save it for tomorrow--my rest day. I did my strength circuit before work this morning, but I just couldn't get in the pool then either. Tomorrow.

Other than being tired, life is still good. My mood has been holding steady. It's so nice to visit my doc and psychologist and be able to tell them I'm doing well. I wonder if they ever expected I'd be able to do that for more than a week or two at a time. I don't think I ever did.

I also have good news on the job front. First of all, I am enjoying my current job a hell of a lot more since one of my troublesome assistants left. Things are really relaxed and fun around our office now. And then, out of the blue, I got a job interview. The interview, this Friday, is with the same home health company I interviewed with around Christmas (and the same company I almost interviewed with again about three weeks ago). Now there is a new program director, and she called to ask if I was still interested in working for them. Weird, but I'll take it. The funny thing is, if I get this new job, I'll actually feel a little guilty about leaving my current job now. It's strange how life works sometimes, but I'm learning not to question it. I'll give you a follow-up report after my interview Friday.

Now I'm afraid it's off to bed for me. Hopefully tomorrow will bring renewed energy. Have a good evening everyone!

No comments:



.