Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm usually in bed by now

My busy day is finally winding down. I had lots of things on my to-do list, and I think I got them all done! Here's the rundown.

After ordering some new physical therapy textbooks while drinking my coffee this morning, I ran off to the gym to swim. Two thousand yards today--that's 80 lengths of the pool. I count lengths rather than laps. When I try to count laps, I get lost, and I'm just anal enough that I need to know exactly how far I swam!

After a bite to eat, I was off to my allergist for my yearly check-up. Fun. I took a short mid-day nap, made some phone calls, walked Puck (and went to the DQ!!!), and finally tackled some tough yard work.

I had to dig up a large cherry tree, which I planted two years ago, and move it about four feet. I've decided to build a low, wooden patio, and the tree was in the way--barely! It's now in its new location. I hope it lives. I had to cut a few roots to get it out of the ground. So far, it looks okay.

My back was pretty sore after all that digging and hauling. The last thing I wanted to do was workout, but I had 60 minutes on the bike awaiting me. So I watched some basketball and rode to nowhere. Afterward, I ate a late supper before sitting down for my time with you. Phew.

It was a good day. I'm tired, but it's a good tired. It's nice to finish the day with a completed list. Goodnight, friends.

1 comment:

Divas said...

I envy your checked off list!

"And miles to go before I sleep" is what I'm feeling this week.

Yayy for the good tired!



.