Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Photos

That's me on the right. I'm looking quite relaxed considering how anxious I was.

Most of my class just before the start of the first wave.

Me.

Surprisingly, I was the first one out of the pool. (14:54 for 1/2 mile.)

Trying to get wet feet into dry shoes!

Looking over my shoulder as I ride up my computerized hill.

The first wave participants on our bikes.
Me and Mike running around the track.
All done. With my friend Renee, who graciously spent her morning taking pictures of me!

2 comments:

Maggie Beth said...

Love the photos! Especially the swimming one! You should blow that one up and frame it - and when you feel "down" say, "LOOK WHAT I DID!!"

SO?? Did you remember to start your new job today!!! I hope the "high" of your tri carried over into today. I hope it turns out to be a perfect fit!

etta said...

Yes, that swimming one really does make it look I know what I'm doing, doesn't it?



.