Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Um...I won!

Twenty four seconds--that was all that separated me and my classmate Rachel in yesterday's triathlon. I just found out I won. I finished fourth overall, and first among the women. Hey, that earns me a free 30 minute massage! Nice.

I couldn't tell you where I finished yesterday, because there were three waves of participants. I was the first woman in my wave, but I knew there were a couple of other fast, young chicks in the other two waves. It's too bad. It would have been really fun to race head to head against Rachel. I bet we both would have pushed each other to faster times. Still, I'm pretty excited to have won. Cool.

I feel good today. Actually, I feel like exercising! I spent my entire first day of work sitting on my butt watching inservice videos. There must be over 100 videos for me to watch within the first 90 days of employment, and some of them are an hour long! And I have to watch them, because I have to test out of every one of them! Ugh! I'm not used to sitting on my butt at work!

Tomorrow, I will be following another P.T. on four home visits. That will be my first taste of home care. I'm looking forward to it. I'd rather work with patients than inservice videos any day of the week!

Now, I've gotta take my boy for a walk. Enjoy the rest of your day.

***The essence of all growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails. ---from As Bill Sees It.

No comments:



.