Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Oh my gosh, I've been busy! Yesterday was a very full day, made fuller by me not dragging my butt out of bed to workout before work. I had a morning filled with patients, an hour break at lunch, during which time I ran with Puck, and then an afternoon filled with patients. By the time I finished my paperwork it was 5:30. My golf lesson began at 6:00, and by 7:00 I was in the pool doing intervals. Uff dah! Thankfully, my mom made delicious pea soup for dinner, which we ate around 8:30-9:00! I was bushed by the time my head hit the pillow.

Today has been more of the same. I actually got my butt out of bed early this time, so I was done with the strength portion of my workout by 7:00 AM. I still need to ride my bike for 70 minutes, but I'm not sure when that's going to fit in! I had a dentist appointment, followed by 3 hours at work, followed by emptying out my basement for the soon-to-be-started construction down there. I'm taking this break now, but I have to type quick in order to eat dinner and get to the track club board meeting on time. I guess I'll be biking right up until bed time. Uff dah! Again.

I'm feeling a little stressed with all the activity. I'm being careful and monitoring my mood because I can sense danger lurking. I wonder what it's like to be a normie--not having to worry about stress landing you in a hole must be nice. I don't think many more days of this would be recommended, so I'm hoping to feel a little slowing and relief soon. Whether that happens or not, you'll likely be the first to know! Gotta go!

No comments:



.