Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Exhausted, but still here.

This will probably be short. I'm over at the home of my friends, Bill and Cindy. They are making me dinner, which is so nice, because I've eaten here for the past two nights as well. I'm too whipped to make anything on my own, and I think they must sense that. It's nice to have good friends.

I'm whipped because I'm on my own this week, at my job, for the first time. No other PT training me. I've got to schedule my own patients, figure out my own paperwork, and answer my own questions. On top of that, I've worked the past two days in a row while also trying to maintain this crazy training schedule. I'm tired!

Speaking of training, yesterday was a good training day, but a bad day for my bike. I got up really early, 4:30 AM, to get to the gym for a strength training class. Then I rode 30 minutes of my scheduled 70 minute ride on the stationary bike. After working 10.25 hours, I rode my tri bike 40 minutes. Everything was great...until I stopped.

When I stopped, the distinct sound of air leaking hit my ears. It turns out, not one but both tires were quickly deflating. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't ridden over anything visible. I even retraced the last 20-40 feet of my ride to look--nothing! Now I know I should be grateful that this happened at the end of my ride, and I am. It would have really sucked if I had had to walk several miles carrying a bike! But with changing jobs, money is kind of screwed up at the moment, and tires are expensive! Oh well...that's the end of my pity party. I'll get them replaced when I can, and I'll move on. Thanks for letting me vent.

Onward and upward, I will move. I have tomorrow off, and I plan to sleep well tonight. Tomorrow calls for a good interval swim and 50 minutes of running. The workout will be great, but the nap following the workout will be spectacular! Carry on, friends.

No comments:



.