Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank you, and you, and you

A quick note to say thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. I was feeling conflicted about continuing to write because I've been doing so much better than when I started this blog a few years ago. Many of you said, much to my surprise, that's exactly why you read--because I'm doing better, and doing better offers you hope! I had never thought of that! My therapist would be proud of you for re-framing my negative thought into a positive one. Really, she would! So thank you all for your feedback. I am humbled and amazed by your support. It is certainly no coincidence, I think, that I've gotten progressively better since I began this blog. This blog proves when we help one another, we are helped ourselves. Since I need all the help I can get, I'll keep writing.

No comments:



.