Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

under the weather

When I last left you I was feeling heavy and lazy and bored. Now I'm feeling sick. I've had a sore throat and a headache for the last couple of days. Feeling achy and sick certainly doesn't combine well with heavy and bored. For instance, I promised myself I'd get out and bike...no, okay swim...no, okay run today. None of the aforementioned occurred. Oh well, at least Puck and I got out for a 30 minute walk.

I'm trying to be kinder to myself and not fret too much about my temporary lack of motivation. I'm trying. But I am just a wee bit concerned. I think I need to make myself another training schedule, even if I don't yet know what it is I'm training for. Maybe I'll get to that this evening...

By the way, I'm going on my annual trip to Colorado this week. I'm going with friends Bill and Cindy to their cabin again. We're leaving Wednesday night, and since we're driving, Puck and Puppy (their dog) get to come along! Yippee! It will be Puck's first foray into the mountains. We will be gone 10 days this year. I'm really, really looking forward to it. Below is a picture of Bill, last year, with his morning coffee in front of the cabin.
Of course, when I'm gone I won't be able to write as often, but I'll try to keep you up to date as best I can. I'll also try to get my butt in gear and get some exercise while I'm there. I guess I better get to writing up that schedule right now.

3 comments:

NOS said...

That cabin looks beautiful. And it's great that you get to take your dogs! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I hope you feel better!

Wishing you well,
NOS

bloggernos.blogspot.com

Maggie Beth said...

I am so jealous!! I LOVE Colorado! It is so amazingly beautiful! I know you will have a wonderful time! And you get to take PUCK! and Puck will have a friend! Things just get better and better! I hope you will see this as a time to recharge. To relax and just chill..

Since you are convinced you should be exercising, why don't you ride your bike beside the car while Puck, Puppy, Cindy and Bill ride along....When you get tired you can hope in and rest --- then stop and hop out and ride again......Would definitely burn off some of this excess energy..(SMILE)

And Puck would think he was running beside you since he would be moving!

(LOL)! I do hope you have a blast ! and I do hope you are able to regroup and enjoy your time away.

etta said...

MB--VERY funny! And quite an interesting idea! Ha!



.