Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Buzzing right along

Things are still going well around here, even though I feel like I've got 100 irons in the fire. I just got back from a walk with Puck. It's been brutally hot and humid around here, with heat advisories nearly every day, so walking is about the extent of our exercise. I did play softball last night. It was even hotter then! But we played really well, and it was a fun game even though we lost. Our season is now over, so that's one less thing I have to think about.

I've had my new vehicle for two days, and I'm fretting about it just a bit. You see, with the two right hip surgeries I've had (and written about here previously), I can't sit in certain positions. One of the positions which bothers my hip is good, upright posture. Unfortunately, my driver's seat promotes good, upright posture. No matter how many ways I adjust the seat, I can't get the pain out of my right hip and leg. I'm hoping to figure it out, but I don't know what I'll do if I don't. If I don't solve this dilemma soon, I'll really be fretting!

My 12-year-old car left yesterday, and I have to admit, I was really sad. Kind of silly, I know. I'm glad a young woman will continue to own it. I think she'll enjoy the ride, and I feel good about selling it to her. Now if I could just find a buyer for my motorcycle... Anyone? She's a beauty!

The work on my basement continues to progress. Soon, I'll have to decide on a color scheme. I've got the bathroom figured out, but I'm not sure what to do with the large room where all of my exercise equipment will live. White is so boring, but with it being a basement room, I'm concerned most colors will appear dark. Hmmm...It's nice to have such pressing problems! Ha!

Well, I'm off to a mandatory staff meeting. It's my day off, but what can I do? At least it will be air conditioned! So long for now...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How much are you selling it for?

etta said...

$1900. Thanks for asking. It's also on Craig's List.

NOS said...

I hope you're able to find a position that fits your hip. Have you considered getting a pillow or something to sit on/put behind your back?

Wishing you well,
NOS



.